Located near the Yazd-Isfahan Road and at the distance of 40 km. in the northwest of Ardakan, this beautiful village has the following historical edifices, Haj Abolqasem Rashti caravansary built in 1269 AH. with the structure resembling the Shah Abbasi Caravansary, Khajeh Nasir stockade built to protect the village dwellings. Saam Castle, Hamam-e- Noe built in 1055 AH., Hulakoo two-storey Mosque built in 1123 AH., Shams Mosque built in 1090 AH.and the Jame' Mosque built in 8th century AH.
Aqda is one of the largest and most ancient villages in the central part of Ardakan, which dates back to 6000 years ago and is contemporary with Meybod city. The old and the original road passed through the village, alongside of which there used to be some Chaparkhane (pony express) and the caravanserai.
Architecture of the old village of Aqda is similar to that of old city of Yazd which has alleys filled with clay and adobe houses. Each and every corner of this village reminds you of life and tranquility, and takes you to the good old times.
One of the largest and most ancient villages in the central part of Ardakan, which dates back to 6000 years ago and is contemporary with Meybod city.
Aqda village is the village of adobe monuments and pomegranate and is one of the historic villages of Yazd province. In this village, there are historic monuments such as a bazaar and a hammam dating back to 1100 years ago, some castles, caravansaries, and wind towers (badgirs) have made it one of the most attractive villages in the province.
Aqda is a great attraction for tourists and every year a large number of tourists visit this historic city. Aqda is a village of history and nature in the heart of the desert. By the time of the seventh century, it was known as Gabrgah (means the place of Zoroastrians) since all its inhabitants were Zoroastrians. There is a quotation that says this village was constantly attacked by thieves and bandits due to the lack of a defensive wall.
Therefore, one of the Iranian scientists named Khaje Nasir al-Din Tusi, who stayed in this village for a while, designed and planned the fence and wall all around the village. So the people built the wall around the city, they made a contraction that "Only those who are Muslims are allowed to stay in the village”. After conversion of the majority to Islam, at one night 40 girls and boys got married in a shared celebration. Since then, the people called the village “Aqdgah” (the place of marriage). Little by little the name changed slightly, and turned to Aqda.
There is another quotation about this village which claims that the construction of the village attributed to Sassanid Era and to Yazdgerd (the last king) who called the village Aqda after one of his colonels, Aqdar.
Tourist attractions in Aqda:
Aqda Village located in yazd-Isfahan road, 40 Km northwest of Ardakan
The six-thousand-year-old history of Aqda has created a great deal of historic and memorable monuments, some of which include the Aqda Jame Mosque, Khajeh Nasir Tusi's Castle, Same Castle, Rashti Caravanserai, Aqda Gate, the salib (the cross) Mosque, the Hulagu Mosque, Mirza Raza Kermani's House, School of theology, Chaparkhane (pony express), Chahrig Tower, Haj Mahmood Ab anbar, Hammam-e No (New Bath). In addition to the historical attractions, there are protected areas such as the Siahkooh Mountain, Siahkooh National Park, Dare Anjir National Park in Aqda village.